Orangeville Christian School is committed to creating a school culture where everyone – children, students, staff, parents and the community – feels welcome, safe and respected.
Student Code of Conduct
As a Christian school community, we want our behaviour and conduct to be guided by Jesus’ command to love God above all and our neighbours as ourselves. Specifically, students are reminded to follow the Student Code of Conduct.
My Relationship with God
- I will speak of God in respectful ways.
- I will respect Bible reading, prayer, sharing and other habits that build relationship with God.
- I will respect myself because God created me in His image.
My Relationship with Those in Authority
- I will be respectful in my speech and conduct.
- I will be obedient to those in authority over me.
- I will not condone disrespect displayed by others to those in authority.
My Relationship to Others
- I will be respectful of others and I will not engage in bullying actively or as a bystander.
- I will address everyone properly and not resort to name calling, swearing or dirty language towards others.
- I will respect everyone’s property and use it only with permission.
- I will encourage everyone to feel included.
- I will respect everyone’s person and remember, “no touching except for helping.”
- I will learn to apologize when I fail and seek God’s strength to continue building a community of love and respect.
My Relationship to School Property
- I will respect school property. This includes furniture, books, equipment and building.
- I will report any damage done and volunteer to pay for damages if I am responsible.
- I will accept responsibility for the cleanliness of the school and grounds.
Our goal is to create a safe and supportive school culture in which students can focus on learning and building Christian character.
Orangeville Christian School is also committed to creating a culture that is best described as “responsive”. Our teachers have completed training in the Responsive Classroom approach to teaching.
Responsive Classroom is an evidence-based approach to teaching that focuses on four key domains:
Engaging Academics: Teachers create learning tasks that are active, interactive, appropriately challenging, purposeful, and connected to students’ interests.
Positive Community: Teachers nurture a sense of belonging, significance, and emotional safety so that students feel comfortable taking risks and working with a variety of peers.
Effective Management: Teachers create a calm, orderly environment that promotes autonomy and allows students to focus on learning.
Developmental Awareness: Teacher use knowledge of child development, along with observations of students, to create a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
Download our brand new eBook today!
Are you wondering whether Orangeville Christian School is the right fit for your child? Download the PDF as it outlines some of our distinctive programs we currently offer at OCS.
553281 County Road 16
Mono, ON L9W 6M1
PO Box 176
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 176
Orangeville, ON L9W 2Z6
Mon-Fri: 8AM - 4PM